Remember the “Meet the Rector Dinners”? It was such a great opportunity for us to get to know each other better, as well as an opportunity to welcome our new Rector. Back by popular demand we will again have small group parish dinners! If you didn’t have an opportunity to participate before, here’s your chance. If you did not participate before here is a chance to meet new friends. The goal this time will be to provide an opportunity to socialize with parishioners we may not already know.
This is how it will work.
1. The following dates have been selected: February 18, March 4th, and May 20th.
2. There can be several dinners on the same date, depending on the number of people who sign up to host.
3. Susan Spatola-Knoll will be the coordinator. She will use a clip board during coffee hour to sign up guests and hosts at least two weeks prior to the scheduled dinner date. Hosts and guests may also sign up by email.
4. Hosts will indicate how many guests they can accommodate, and whether children are to be included.
5. Hosts set beginning and end times. Hosts may choose to serve a lunch instead of a dinner. Guests can indicate whether they prefer a lunch rather than a dinner. (This can accommodate those who don’t wish to drive at night.)
6. The coordinator will assign guests with hosts roughly based on geographical proximity. One person making the assignments ensures that a mix of people is more random, so you meet new people. This is a great way for us to get to know our newcomers too.
7. Hosts provide the main dish and guests bring the side dishes.
8. One week prior to the date, hosts con-tact their guests by email or phone to ask if there are any food restrictions and to assign what each guest is to bring.
We hope this sounds great to you and that you choose to participate!